Thursday 11 March 2010

To say that I was saddened to hear of the death of Actor Corey Haim would be a slight exaggeration. To be brutally honest I cannot recall which one of the "Lost Boys" he played. Discovering however that he died at an age which is irrefutably less than mine.

In the studio I am currently working on a series of drawings of an ever diminishing spaceman. By "studio" I mean on the floor of my flat. I am again preparing boards with black paint, a process which involves painting, smoothing, swearing and defending the pristine paintwork from a cat that instinctively knows that black surfaces are the warmest. The next stage will involve the delicate application of gold powder to a varnish painted drawing. I have no illusions that this will be in any way successful. A rather more likely result is that I will be left with a finely gilded feline ornament much like Des Esseintes' tortoise.





No comments:

Post a Comment