Thursday 18 March 2010

Preparation




My companion informs me the image above by Fox Talbot is a print made from the oldest surviving negative. It is not Carfax Abbey.

Helsing's preparations to take on the vampire involve detailed delegation and the sharing of tokens. Garlic flowers for the ladies, crucifixes for the men, and for himself a wafer in an envelope. I have also been preparing, preparing for my long anticipated filming in Whitstable. I have been meticulous. Three cameras are now fully charged, their heads cleaned (at a not inconsiderable cost of £16) lenses polished and fresh tapes inserted. My companion, however, has been absorbed with other things. The final organising of her phd confirmation has consumed her for some time. But now it nearly done. Today, as the day progressed, she took a growing interest in my preparations and I was rejoiced to see that the exigency of affairs was helping her to forget the terrible experience of the last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment