Wednesday 17 February 2010

Confusion

I am impatient to get to Whitstable. It seems that I will not be able to truly move on until I have finally encountered Mr Bown in the act of calling. My companion has reminded me on several occassions that there is another bingo hall not two hundred yards from my lodgings but I am unwilling to dilute the experience with pale imitation. This morning I came across a page in my notebook which illustrates my current state of mind. It is illustrated and transcribed in list form below.



Gleam
A matter of life and death
Chromamnesia
Flowers
Lips
Standing still
Colour
Camera Obscura
Magic
Appear
Pearlville
Double acts
Chases
Slapstick
Romance
Emotion
Villains
Heroes
Make do
Westerns
Gangsters
Ruffians
Narrative ideas for the count of monte cristo
Justice
Treasure sparkling possiblities
Disguise and revenge
Plots
Goldfinger idea
Revenge on all those people who have ever slighted me
Dancers
Three girls
Dumped
Various

Last night we watched the Powell and Pressburger film "A Matter of Life and Death" I had seen it twice in the last twenty or so years. Despite this I was surprised to see that the action on Earth was in colour and Heaven in black and white. I had remembered it the other way round.




No comments:

Post a Comment